Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Some Self Promoting and The Beginning of an Era

Well, first some shameless self promoting: Look for Labradoodles and Muffins on fanfiction.net. For my older stuff look for Shinzoo-Kisu although I'm planning to gradually brng everything over to the one account.

Now then: A nice rant to make me feel better. Todays topic: Break Ups and why you never want to be friends with someone who's going through one. (Names will be changed)

First, let me make it clear, in case those i'm ranting about read this, I'm not complaining about being there for them or being their friend. I'm complaining about Fate, Love and all that crap.

Right, my friend John has been going out with Mary for about....fourteen weeks so what, three and a half months? Yeah, that sounds about right. Now, he's fallen completely head over heels in love with her and she's done the same. Sound cute so far? Yeah, keep dreaming.

Last week, John and Mary were talking and John got a sentance mixed up. What he meant to say was 'I told X I would when I was single'. What he actually said was 'I told X I would IF I was single.' Now, that's a big ass faux pas and had a deservedly angry response. Especially since he didn't notice he'd mixed things up. However, Mary maybe dragged it out a bit more than she should have and I got to deal with a depressed John all through work on Tuesday.

Wednesday, missed work due to my mother finally getting back from England - Damn volcano - and Thursday, everything is all good and well in lover land.

Friday however....Well, John did something a little silly and, once again, Mary blew it all out of proportion. She had every right to be angry but to such an extent just seems like she's a drama queen. They hovered between staying together and breaking up all day. John had a minor breakdown in the train station and ranted about tomatoes for half an hour. I'm unsure whether to laugh or edge away. By the end of Friday, all's well once more.

By now, I'm predicting bad things for my own relationship and spiral into a depressive funk. I remain like that all weekend and, I'm fairly sure, end up worrying my guy when I begin questioning why people are willing to keep living happily once they've seen how shite life really is.

Saturday, once again, all is good. Sunday I get a late night message from John asking me to show up to work early because Mary has actually aid the words 'John I'm dumping you.' I'm considering sobbing hysterically at this point but he's a good friend so I agree. Instead of doing the sensible thing and going to bed early, I stay up until gone two setting up this blog. So, the only thing left to do is see how tomorrow, er, today goes. Motherf***ing brilliant I bet [/endsarcasm]

No comments:

Post a Comment